LIVING AT THE RETREAT
For more information please call
The ECCR residents lead a full life. Each weekday, residents participate in an adult training prgram
on the premesis, which focuses on such skills as housekeeping, horticulture, personal grooming and
clerical tasks. Some residents attend programs offered off-site.
In addition, residents receive physical, occupationa and speech therapy, appropriate to their special needs.
In the evening and on weekends, resident have the opportunity to relax and take part in many
recreational programs. Swimming, games, gardening and taking vacationa are just some of the
activities regularly scheduled.
Community involvement is cultivated through numerous outings and with frequent visits from various
clubs and organizations. Special events are arranged for residents to enjoy with their families.
The ECCR Adult Day Program began on August 6, 1985. It is categorized as a DDD Adult Day
Program- Special Needs. Participants in the gprams must be registered with the
Division of Developmental Disabilities and be age 21 or older.
Some highlights of the program are:
- Specialneed prgram - Assistance for all levels of personal care
- Alternate positioning available
- Nursing care availalbe
- Transportation availalble within local radius
- Lunch provided - special diets accommodated
- Adults work at their most independed level
- Outdoor activities in secure environment
- Individualized prgrams. Assistance and redirection given to maximize success in all activities.
- Therapy services on consultative basis
- Use of adapted communication devices and applicance.
- Food preparation
- Daily Chores
- In House srrands
- Swimming (in summer)
- Day trips
- Group and Individual activities
- Adapted Games
The Program operates on a 3:1 staff to adult ratio. Staff members are trained in first aid, CPR, and m
The Recreation Department provides leisure activities and outings. Recreation offers indivudal
and group activies, socials with staff and members of the community, and attendance at community events. .
The Therapy Services Department seeks to maximize an individual's independence and
potential throught Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy and through the use of
If you are interested in any programs offered at ECCR,, please contact the office via email, or